Wednesday, August 26, 2009

On Your Marks, Get Set, GO!

In preparation for the JFK 50-mile ultramarathon on November 21, I'm planning to run about 1,000 miles. That's a lot, but it's nothing compared to my Uncle Munda's race against brain cancer.  With this web site, I hope to update you on both races, hear about your running, and do some fundraising for Munda.  Will you join me?

Today, in addition to running six miles, I am kicking off a fundraising campaign. Please help me help Munda and his family by "buying" a portion of the JFK 50.  I'm selling them for $100 each! For contributions of $25 or more, you can get a free t-shirt - see image in the right-hand column of this page.  To make a contribution, contact me at kristaslynnshaffer@gmail.com.  I'll keep track of the miles I've sold on this page. I will also post training news and updates here.

I'd also like to let you know about this July 9, 2009 article in the New York Times on a famous ultrarunner who struggles with a brain injury. She and Munda struggle with similar problems. Fascinating!

Well, I hope you'll join me!  Happy Running!

No comments: