Saturday, October 10, 2009

One Down, One To Go

As I write, I'm propped up on three pillows in a hotel room in Scranton, relaxing after 26.2 pretty hard miles of running through Baltimore followed by a 200-mile-drive.  Ray is sprawled on the floor, trying to stretch out some hard-to-reach leg muscle.  After I finish this note, we're going to switch tasks and places.

What a day!  But we did it!  But I'm too tired to write much, and we have to get up at 5 tomorrow to get the starting line of our next marathon here in Scranton.  So for now, I'll just write:  Ray's time was 4:25ish, and mine was 4:35ish, more or less as planned.  Ray and I documented this race very well; we each carried cameras and took pictures and videos.  As soon as I am able, I'll post them.  For now, here's a photo each from before, during, and after the 2009 Baltimore Marathon:





The run was harder than we expected; Ray and I both had pains in knees and ankles.  But after stretching a few times throughout the day, we feel pretty good tonight - ready to run another one.  So on that note, good night.  More tomorrow, okay?