Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's 5 am on Race Day

Good morning! Ray and I are on the way to Boonsboro High School for the pre-race briefing. It's sooooo dark outside. But at 47 degrees, it's warmer than forecasted, and so maybe I'll revise my race attire. I've got my Run for Munda t-shirt and sweater on (for now). With the hood pulled up - and I kind of feel like a boxer getting ready to enter the ring. A really, reallt BIG ring. ... I asked Ray to say something for the blog; he's driving, and drawing a complete blank. "Whoops - we were just speeding big time," he said. He wants to get us there and get everything squared away. Good man. Well, more to come! Oh, hey - I just saw a sign that said, "CAUTION: Runners on the road!" The road beyond - Route 40 - has cones down the middle. We're almost to the start!