Friday, September 25, 2009

Keep Praying

I just talked to Munda's wife, my Aunt Shauna, to tell her that our cousins, the Muck "kids" out in Ohio, just bought five and a half miles, bringing our fundraising total to $925. "That's really great news!" she said.

Shauna sounded exhausted. When I visited them on Wednesday, Munda was aware that I was there, and even asked me for help adjusting his bed, at one point.  We watched television.  Shauna asked him questions and gave him medication.  He had a little rattle in his breath toward the end of the evening, we noticed.

Yesterday, Munda fought really hard.  He's getting weaker and weaker.  He is no longer alert, although the nurses say he can still hear.  His breathing was very quick last night, and they changed his medication dosage.  Shauna told me that she is constantly listening for his breathing - "like when you have a baby in the house."

"He's really brave," I observed on Wednesday.  Shauna replied, "You know, through all of this he has never complained, not once."

Today at 11 their favorite preacher will stop by, as will the nurses.

Let's all pray for Munda today.