Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Please Keep Munda in Your Prayers!

I just talked to Shauna, who is at home with Munda; they have a hospital bed for him there, and everyone drops by when they can.  He's a little more alert today, she said.  But his situation is very dire at this point, the nurses and doctors underscore.

"Are you coming to the Nov. 6 dance?" Shauna asked.  (See my Sept. 22 posting for more information.)  It turns out that my parents might drive down from Johnsonburg to attend, she told me!  It's a funny thing about our family that I have to call other relatives to find out the latest about my parents.  (Right?)  We've laughed about that before!  But it's a good network, and it works - in a roundabout way.

Which brings me to my reason for writing:  Munda really needs your prayers this week!  Pick up the phone, pick up a pen, send an e-mail, say a prayer, or whatever way you choose - directly or indirectly - to let Munda and Shauna know you're thinking of them.  Thank you for your support!  And mark your calendars for the November 6 Aero benefit dance in New Oxford!  If you can't come, please consider donating an item to be raffled off.  Rumor has it that the items to be raffled now include:

- a pair of designer sunglasses
- a stylish handbag
- a garnet necklace
- a velvet and satin shawl/wrap, and
- "Run for Munda" t-shirts.

OH - and this web site has now raised over $250 for Munda and Shauna!  Thank you VERY much!  I'll probably be selling t-shirts in Johnsonburg this weekend (at the Alumni & Friends gathering at the fire hall - and before that at the car show).  And Ray and I are going to run a total of 35 miles this weekend as a part of our training for the JFK 50.  Let's keep all of those numbers rising, okay?